– providing primary care for Nelson and Barrowford.
Please feel free to browse our website where you will find lots of useful information about the surgery and the services we offer. Click on the menu at the top of the page to read about appointments and information.
You can use the contact us button in the menu at the top of the page to send us a message.
Self-care starts with knowing what the problem is.
Tools called Symptom Checkers can help to diagnose the problem
The website will ask you some questions about the person and their symptoms.
This can help you to arrive at a diagnosis and can help you to decide what sort of treatment you need and how urgently you need it.
This is not intended to be a substitute for the GP.
If you have any doubts then please call the GP or ring 111 if the practice is closed.
The NHS Choices Symptom checker websites and Apps often indicate which service you need to see – if any – and when .
e.g. it may recommend seeing the pharmacy, going to A&E or asking for an urgent or non-urgent GP appointment.
Home medicine kit, Pharmacy, Practice Nurse, GP , A&E or other Service ?
There are many ways of getting help, and you may or may not need to see the GP before you can access the service that you would like. Many common conditions will get better on their own without needing medicines from the GP.
Reading the guides to managing common conditions will help us to help you & make it easier to speak with a GP when you need to.
The GP practice is not an emergency service – please call 999 if you have a medical emergency or
…. 111 if you need general advice about a health condition.
The buttons below take you to some health websites that our doctors recommend for different reasons.
The NHS Choices Website has a good A-Z of health conditions and makes a good starting point.
The Healthtalk Online website seems to have more information about what its like to have an illness or condition. They have many videos and organise topics into the different aspects of the condition – e.g. living with pain.
Healthy Minds Toolkit
A few Ideas & Links
Website that aims to make it easier to find the good stuff to help maintain a good Mental Health. This is a work in progress, so please feel free to suggest sites to include.
Main Surgery AddressReedyford Health Care
Yarnspinners Primary Health Care Centre
P: (01282) 657575
Barrowford Branch Surgery AddressReedyford Health Care
P: (01282) 657575
Technology ; Health Apps & Gear
- 17/12/2014in Technology - Health Apps & GearTo increase the uptake and use of digital communication channels by members of the public in East Lancashire. There are many members of the public in East Lancashire who have expressed an interest in supporting the local health infrastructure. These people are members of patient participation groups, critical friends or are benefiting from joining ...
- 27/07/2014in Technology - Health Apps & GearThe Moves App is a great way of keeping track of how many steps you have taken per day. One of its best features is that it does this without you needing to set it off. Give it a try https://www.moves-app.com...
General News from Reedyford Health Care
- The FallStop Leaflet from Blackburn & Darwin offers good tips and advice about reducing the chance of a fall. Please let your doctor or carer know if you have had a fall – even if it was in the past year, and you are better now. Having had a fall before means that you are...
- http://www.england.nhs.uk/2015/06/09/john-young-5/ Take the frailty challenge! – says Professor John Young 9 June 2015 – 12:34NHS England’s National Clinical Director for the Frail Elderly and Integration invites us to change our perception of what frailty actually is: One of the widely acknowledged health triumphs is the remarkable and rapid...
- Have you taken the fitness challenge ? Can you walk 13 Feet in 6 Seconds ? http://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/pract-guid-hlthy-age.pdf WebPage.pdf...
- http://www.nationalvoices.org.uk/sites/www.nationalvoices.org.uk/files/supporting_self-management.pdf WebPage.pdf...
- 29/06/2015in NewsAcrobat Document.pdf...
Information for Staff
- Information sheet with embedded documents relating to the LD Health Checks PLT Event which took place on the 20th May 2015 PLT LD Health Checks – Information to GP Practices.docx...
- Please click the link below c/o JP 54D5AE22B3A14BAF9A92DB25D125DBAF.ashx.pdf...
- 26/03/2015in information for staffScarlet Fever Update March 2015 20150313 scarlet fever update.pdf...
- East Lancashire are celebrating compassion in Practice across East Lancashire CCG by hosting a compassion in practice week from 22nd June 2015. The week is an opportunity for us to consider what role “Compassion” has to play in health. You may be interested in joining in the discussions about compassion and health. Please use the...
- Breathe Easy Support Groups The Pulmonary Rehabilitation team hold monthly support groups offering friendship and support for people living with a lung condition. These groups are held at four different locations across East Lancashire at Clitheroe Community Hospital, Chatburn Road, Clitheroe, Accrington Pals, Paradise Street, Accrington, Irwell ...
- 29/09/2014in Health CampaignsPain Toolkit For people who live with persistent pain A persistent pain problem can be difficult to understand and manage on an everyday basis. This Pain Toolkit website has been developed from the Pain Toolkit, a simple information booklet that provides you with handy tips and skills to support you along the way to managing...
- 14/09/2014in Health CampaignsIts Flu Time ! Please watch out for your invitations to Flu Vaccine Clinics coming through your letter box....