The ‘Move More’ project helps people with cancer across East Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen to become more active. Their exercise specialists will help you find effective and safe ways to be active and stay active, no matter where you are on your cancer journey.
They provide support including:
- One to one assessments and consultations
- Access to friendly, highly qualified exercise professionals
- A tailored activity programme
- Help with setting personal goals and planning ongoing support
- Discussing concerns or providing more information about the benefits of physical activity
- Access to a wide variety of physical activity sessions
Why ‘move more’?
Being more physically active can help people with cancer cope with and recover from the negative effects of cancer and its treatment and also decrease the risk of developing other health conditions.
Being active can:
- Reduce fatigue and tiredness
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Help maintain a healthy weight
- Manage side effects or after effects of treatment
- Reduce osteoporosis
- Help look after your heart