Statement of Purpose
Statement of purpose
Health and Social Care Act 2008
Reedyford Health Care
Date of Issue: 1 April 2015
Date of review: 1 April 2016
Statement of Purpose
1. Service provider
The name and address of the registered service provider is:
Drs Pearson, Chowdhury, Ashworth, Berry, Chowdhury and Chaudhary
|Reedyford Health Care|
Yarnspinners Primary Care Centre
|Barrowford Health Centre|
Tel: 01282 657575
Fax: 01282 619230
The Reedyford Health Care Practice is based on 2 sites: at Nelson and at Barrowford.
We moved into a large ground floor suite in the new multimillion pound Primary Health Care Centre in Nelson in August 2005. Yarnspinners Primary Health Care Centre was built under the NHS LIFT scheme and comprises a converted Grade 11 listed canal side warehouse (Yarnspinners Wharf) with a modern extension alongside. Apart from GP practices, the development houses treatment room facilities, dental services, pulmonary rehabilitation services, chiropody and other allied health professionals. There is also ample accommodation for education and training.
Our branch surgery in the nearby village of Barrowford was purpose built in 1994 under the cost-rent scheme and extended in 2004 to include another consulting room for the training of GP registrars.
Practice Code: P81032
The regulated services are managed by the GP Providers as a partnership. The
Nominated Registered Manager for CQC registration is Dr Julia Pearson and Dr Rimon Chowdhury.
2. Our aims and objectives
- Provide a high standard of medical care, treatment and support to our patients, their families and carers
- Be committed to our patients’ needs
- Act with integrity and complete confidentiality
- Be courteous, approachable, friendly and accommodating
- Ensure safe and effective services and environment
- Improve as a patient centred service through decision making and communication
- To maintain our motivated and skilled work teams
- Through monitoring and auditing, continue to improve our healthcare services
- Maintain high quality care through continuous learning and training
- To guide our employees in accordance with diversity and equality
- To ensure effective and robust information governance systems
- To treat all patients and staff with dignity, respect and honesty.
3. Legal status
Reedyford Health Care is a Partnership. Our Partners are:
- Dr Julia Pearson
- Dr Francis Ashworth
- Dr Rimon Chowdhury
- Dr Stuart Berry
- Dr Nabilah Chowdhury
- Dr Irfan Chaudhary
4. Regulated Activities
The following regulated activities are provided at Reedyford Health Care as general practitioner services.
Regulated activity 1 Diagnostic and Screening Procedures
Regulated activity 2 Family Planning
Regulated activity 3 Maternity and midwifery services
Regulated activity 4 Surgical procedures
Regulated activity 5 Treatment of disease, disorder or injury.
Our services include:
- NHS relevant prescriptions and medications or a private prescription can be issued.
- Vaccinations & Immunisations, e.g. childhood immunisations
- Family Planning – fitting of Intra-uterine devices and the fitting and removal of contraceptive implants
- Foreign travel advice and immunisation – we are a registered Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre
- Well person Health Checks (MOT Clinic) – general health check including weight, blood pressure, and urine assessment, smoking cessation, cervical cytology (smears) and general health advice such as breast and testicular examinations.
- Non NHS Services – Our Doctors are able to carry out medical examinations, reports and reviews e.g. HGV licence, employment medicals, driving insurance etc. as well as certain certificates e.g. private medical insurance claims, private sick notes, holiday cancellation etc.
- Smoking Cessation – Any patient who is a smoker and ready to stop smoking will be referred to an adviser.
- Asthma, Diabetic, Heart and Blood Pressure Clinics
- Mental Health Services – low mood and anxiety problems, relaxation techniques, cognitive therapy.
- Counselling – referrals can be made by the doctor to a trained counsellor when required.
- Family Planning
- Flu vaccination – we offer ‘at risk’ groups the flu vaccine at a certain time each year to protect you against the flu virus.
- Phlebotomy – for blood tests
- Midwifery – We provide post natal care. Midwifes from Burnley General Hospital and Airedale General Hospital provide care for our Nelson and Barrowford patients.
- Minor surgery – We offer a number of minor operations.
- Cervical screening – our nurses are qualified to carry out cervical screening and
- tests in the form of cervical smears.
- Sexual Health & Contraceptive Services – we a holistic approach to sexual health and contraceptive needs. Sexual health check and screening, contraceptive advice and supply, health promotion, pregnancy testing and services, support and advice for under 16s and Chlamydia screening.
- Warts and Verrucae Treatment – cryocautery service (for freezing with liquid nitrogen) for the treatment of warts, verrucae and other skin lesions.
- Dietician – weekly clinics on issues relating to food in connection with Diabetes, Overweight, Underweight and high cholesterol